Prev: Re: Vietnam and modern combat Next: RE: Vietnam and modern combat

Re: Vietnam and modern combat

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:33:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Vietnam and modern combat

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 19:10:37 -0700 (PDT) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- warbeads@juno.com wrote:
>
>> Normally I keep my nose out of other people's humor
>> but don't you think
>> that was a little over reaching?
>
>Everywhere I go on the internet since I got back
>Angles and Anglophiles keep nattering on about how the
>Brits are just overwhelmed with luv for our little
>brown brethren and go play soccer with the kiddies and
>don't wear armor and la-la-la-la-la-la.
>
>It gets a little wearing.  I apologize for reacting
>quite as bluntly as I did.  But the simple fact is
>that there is probably more difference between the
>Shia areas and Sunni areas than there was between
>Massachussetts and Ontario in 1776.
>
>John

You were there	and I wasn't so I can only nod sagely and pretend to
understand.

Probably should have kept my mouth shut and let it blow over.

I'd say kids are a pretty good Humint source.  Not that anyone actually
does that for that reason of course.  And not that I'd ever be allowed
within 100 miles of a Humint operation.  Never send dachshunds to race
whippets.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Vietnam and modern combat Next: RE: Vietnam and modern combat