Prev: Re: FTJava V0.13 released Next: Robotic Fighter Bombers?

Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts (LONG)

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:47:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts (LONG)

> > >You are misremembering, though it doesn't matter for the
discussion.
> > >Fighters have primary moves of 24 or 36 mu depending on whether or
not
> > >they're Fast, and a secondary move of 12 mu no matter what type
they are.

> >Thanks.  I looked about in old discussions, but couldn't find it
before I
> >posted.
>
> Looking it up in the rules would probably be faster... provided that
you
> have the rules, of course.

   I haven't had a chance to get a second copy to keep at work yet.  :-)

   I'm at training for a couple of days, so I won't have chance to reply
 this one until later in the week.  I think I'm going to try to test out
the
 fighter escort scenario.  What I'm thinking is to see what the average
results
 would be for a NAC BDN vs several ships from the power that uses salvo
 missiles (name slips my addled brain).  I'm going to have to look up
the cpv
 formulas to figure out what should be balanced.  I'm thinking of seeing
how
 the results change based on the distance between the ships when the
first SM
 salvo goes in.  It will be by necessity somewhat simplified, but it
should
 show the differences if any.  If anyone would like to let me know what
should
 be combat balanced against a standard NAC BDN (I was thinking a cruiser
and
 light cruiser) that would be great.  Then I'm going to need to figure
how the
 cpv changes when you make it a NAC BDN with 2 fighter groups and only 1
PDS.

  talk to ya

  grant

Prev: Re: FTJava V0.13 released Next: Robotic Fighter Bombers?