Prev: Re: A bit OT : Turnsignals on a Land Raider Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:36:03 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

> Not sure I would want to rely wholly on fighters as my defence against
PBL's...

   Nor AMTs, true.  Fighters should probably avoid area effect weapon
users at
 all costs.

> Also bear in mind that in typical encounters the amount of ordanance
fired would often exceed the number of available fighter groups tasked
to intercept it.

> PDS and fighters definetly, but just fighters...eeek.

   Don't they typically exceed the number of available of PDS as well?

> Also bear in mind any fighters tasked to intercepting ordanace will
have to run the gammut of enemy fighter fire before they could engage
their targets.

   True, although your ship can fire on their fighters as well.  Of
course if
 you're getting attacked by fighters *and* ordinance in overwhelming
numbers,
 then whether you have PDS or fighters isn't your problem, it's that you
don't
 have enough of either.  :-)
   I doubt if this is a world beating tactic.  On the other hand, it
could be
 a useful tactic for large vessels against the right opponents.

  grant

Prev: Re: A bit OT : Turnsignals on a Land Raider Next: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts