Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammer/David Drake news... Next: RE: [DS 2] design question - a little 1 capacity question.

Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:13:17 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter thoughts

> start of scenario, the carrier can launch all of it's fighters, have
them all
> "screen" the small vessel and then have it drag all of the fighters
ahead of
> rest of fleet to the enemy.  This would allow the fighters to attack
the enemy
> while the main fleet was still closing.  This means that fighters
are an almost
> infinite range weapon for no more than the cost of a tiny [scout].

    I agree it would be really cheesy but most players don't seem to
start their ships at velocities that would lend themselves to this
tactic.  For those that do, this would be a reasonable way to nail
down the loophole.
    In future, this loophole probably won't much matter.  With the
Proposed Fighter Fixes (which you wouldn't have seen if you just
joined the list, they were posted about a month ago), you'd want to
have your fighters arrive at the same time that your ships pull into
weapons range, so he has to chose what to shoot at.

Prev: Re: Hammer's Slammer/David Drake news... Next: RE: [DS 2] design question - a little 1 capacity question.