Prev: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:19:46 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question

G'day

> I dunno; I thought the winds in NZ were so constant and
> strong they just had to be certain to be upwind...

Well Tassie is upwind of NZ so I should be fine, but the NZers maybe
displeased.... or my dear Beast had you misplaced me geographically? ;)

(By the way as an asthmatic I'm always careful about potential reactions
to modelling stuff... to the point two part epoxy is banned from the
house)

> Depends on the casting, again. You can loose or alter
> details, especially if the gap is mostly a concave void in the center.

> I don't think that's as likely a problem with the GZG designs,
> as I think most are fairly flat in those areas.

I will have a look when I get home but I don't think I'll lose much
detail. Basically you have the top of the tank and the bottom and both
are slightly concave so when you put them together there is a multiple
mm gap in the midline of the tank.

Cheers

Beth

Prev: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question