Prev: Re: [FH] Military ranks Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: [SGII] Alien seed

From: Mark Donald <mark.donald@f...>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:38:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Rather than a hive mind with all its attendant implications of psychic
powers
perhaps the Node/Queen creature communicates with drones via a chemical
messaging system. Pumping out super-pheremones to raise slave units
aggression state from Y/G to B/O/R.

An alternative to the Kaffir idea is a race of super-adaptives. Unlike
humans
who agglomerate experience slowly over time, this race approaches every
new
situation with a blank slate and then learns to deal with it at a
terrifying
rate. So they go into a firefight Y/G and increase leadership / Quality
the
longer they stay in that fight and the more they're stimulated (i.e.
shot).
They then revert to Y/G until the next time they're engaged when they
start
the adaptive process over again.

Laserlight wrote:

> Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> > Defiitely sounds worth pursuing as an alien idea! Having seen some
> > invert colonies in action I have less of a problem with a hive mind
than
> > Laserlight does ;)
>
> Aren't all the colonies there inverted, since they're Down Under?
>
> >>For example, it could be that the player has a certain number of
blue,
> >>orange and red counters of varying leadership. At the start of a
turn,
> >>he can then substitute some squad's yellow counters for the vet
>
> Actually, this would be a good concept for the Machine People--most
> individuals have only moderate processing power, but master units
would
> be able to remote control normal units.  The master would be Elite by
> itself, Vet if tele-operating a single subordinate, perhaps Blue if
> operating two or Green if operating four.

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please reply to
this email and then delete it. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails
and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such
monitoring.

Prev: Re: [FH] Military ranks Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed