Prev: RE: [SGII] Alien seed Next: RE: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: [SGII] Alien seed

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 15:05:25 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Laserlight wrote:

> Mark Donald wrote:
> > The bulk of the army squads are automaton types that are given
yellow or green quality counters

> I'm never happy with a "hive mind" but I'd also been thinking about a
> race that starts Y / G and then goes through B / O / R as the shooting
> continues -- ie they start out dumb and happy but their "adrenaline"
> also acts as a mental stimulant.  Could be "QD goes up when Confidence
> goes down" or "test for QD increase whenever they're Suppressed"; it
> would go down again after a while if no one shot at them, although
> that'd be beyond the scope of the usual SG game.  You might also have
> "Leader" variant who is, so to speak, on a permanent adrenaline high.
> They'd be fast and smart but would have to make a real effort to
> communicate with their "normal" cousins.

Isn't this more or less how the aliens in 2300AD work? (is it actually
called 'Traveller 2300AD'?). I think they're called the 'Kafir' or
something; I've never played the RPG but have read some of the fluff &
online sources.

One piece of fluff I read concerned *not* assualting into the remains of
Kafir column after it's been ambushed, because you'll have angry,
'smart'
survivors hiding in the wreckage.

I'm not sure of the biology of this, but it would feel 'alien' all
right!

Brian.

Prev: RE: [SGII] Alien seed Next: RE: [SGII] Alien seed