Prev: RE: [SGII] Nasty Cover Next: Re: Diceless Full Thrust (was: more Graser observations)

Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:13:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

Alan Wadey wrote:

> Hello folks this is my first post to this group and this thread has
caught
> my interest so here's my tuppence worth.

Hi AlanW, welcome to the List

>  Has anyone thought of allowing infantry point attack weapons (Plasma
guns/
> IAVR etc.) to engage cover such as cars or walls as though they were
an
> armoured vehicle? With troops sheltering behind them taking damage as
> passengers.

I'd started thinking about it along the lines of the "buildings" rules
on StarGrunt pg 56, except those seem to assume that the building is the

main target, and any troops who happen to be inside are just an added
bonus.	It's not obvious (to me, at any rate) how you'd handle trying to

shoot through a wall to get at the troops inside.  Just call it Hard
Cover, or is a UP2 dieshift not enough penalty?
   I don't want to call it "Hard Cover plus In Position" because the
troops inside aren't necessarily in position (eg down behind sandbags)
and being IP would affect their movement.
    The situations I'm thinking of are
a) enemy troops who've run behind a masonry garden wall, and
b) enemy troops who you've just seen run into a building
In either case, you know more or less where they are, so you're not
firing totally blind.

Prev: RE: [SGII] Nasty Cover Next: Re: Diceless Full Thrust (was: more Graser observations)