Prev: Re: Damage/Threshold question Next: Re: solitaire cloaking??

Re: Damage/Threshold question

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:40:40 +0000
Subject: Re: Damage/Threshold question

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:34:48AM -0600, Mark & Staci Drake wrote:

>A Federation DD with 10dp (3/3/2/2) has suffered 8dp damage from
Romulan
>Wave Gun,so gets 3 Threshold checks.I know I check for each system--the
DD
>has 3 Beam2 batteries.So is EACH beam battery considered a system (roll
for
>each one for Threshold,3 rolls total) OR are all 3 beam batteries
considered
>as ONE system (only 1 Threshold check die roll?)

Each separate icon is a separate system. Your first version is correct.

Of course, FB1 gives you the option of compressing multiple threshold
checks (for a single system) into a single die roll - so rather than
rolling against 6, then 5, then 4, you'd just roll once against 2
(4-1-1). (Yes, this does mess up the probabilities a bit, but it's a lot
faster.)

>BTW,if anyone is interested I can write up both the scenario and an AAR
>after playing it--another of my solo designs for Trek universe.Just let
me
>know.........thanks.

Would be interested...

Prev: Re: Damage/Threshold question Next: Re: solitaire cloaking??