Prev: Calling for the Narn BAT Flying Squadron Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3

Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:31:04 +0000
Subject: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

Chris wrote:

> I'd be surprised to see anything other than maybe a drive-up teller of
> bullet-resistant glass/plastic.  6mm polycarbonate (Lexan) is more
than
> enough to keep vandals/thieves from breaking in (unless they hit it
with a
> truck), but it won't do much to stop a .38 cal pistol round.

I was thinking areas where crime was sufficiently high that you might
want to put up bullet proof glass. Or the protected balcony of a local
potentate. Or, even, a Popemobile, or its equivalent.

I thought of a Kennedy assassination-based scenario where the politician
was in a convertible with a protective dome, and the security detail was
in cars following and leading that were similarly set up for clear lines
of sight. The other side in the scenario would be a small, elite force
sent to kill off the politician. The politician's car, and the cars of
the security detail, would offer 0/+2 cover due to their glass domes.
The only problem: I haven't found any models to use for the cars. The
best one I can think of is a 1/64 or 1/48 scale (depending on the
manufacturer) Lady Penelope Rolls Royce from the old Thunderbirds show.
This is problematic in, 1) I'm not sure they made the car in the right
scale, 2) if they did, they'd be freaking expensive on eBay in all
liklihood, if I could even find enough cars, and 3) I'd have to repaint
the car as it was originally pink.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Calling for the Narn BAT Flying Squadron Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3