Prev: [LST] Other items Re: Drat that computer (or me) Next: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

Re: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:14:16 +0100
Subject: Re: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover

> This can get REAL complicated; prone is usually considered good as
reduced
> cross-section for being targeted. On the other hand, I remember an old
> episode of SWAT where they  explained it was bad on concrete, because
their
> studies indicated that bounced bullets tended to hug the ground.

You can discover all kinds of such oddities.

A German tactical manual from 1903 mentions that bullets ricochet
differently off ploughed fields depending on whether the shooting is
parallel or perpendicular to the furrows. An effect no self-respecting
period wargame should be without ;-)

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: [LST] Other items Re: Drat that computer (or me) Next: Re: [SGII] Nasty Cover