Prev: Re: more Graser observations Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3

Re: more Graser observations

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:30:43 -0500
Subject: Re: more Graser observations

bail9672@bellsouth.net wrote:

> I started keeping a record of our battles today.  Have
> I mentioned I hate taking notes?  I stopped after the
> 3rd round of weapon firing.  This is what happened.
[...]
> Sorry I didn't take notes.  Did I mentioned I hate
> taking notes?

I know what you mean. It takes a *lot* of time from a game
to keep proper notes about what's what vs. just playing and
enjoying. You've got a small taste of what all (or many) of
us playtesters do on a regular basis (I think for some of
us we've done it so much that it's almost second nature, and
we don't remember *how* to have just a simple, straight-up,
*fun* game - that's where FTJava comes in handy for me! :-)

> >> If they really do roll 6's "at will", then this is called
> >> "cheating" or "loaded dice".
> >>
> > Could you please convince Glen Bailey (ie., bail9672)
> > about this for me?
>
> Convince me of what?	Steve doesn't roll them at will.
> Just happens to roll lots of 5s and 6s over 1s and 2s.
> The only good side effect of this is that his current
> designs make use of lots of class-1 rail guns so he
> doesn't get good results on the rerolls.  :)

So Steve's got the whole Teske Field thing going for him. That
will screw and skew any and all systems. ;-)

> About games ruined?  I can't help it that I roll 1s too
> much.  I do this when I roll the ability scores of my
> D&D characters, also.  Now when I played Star Fleet
> Battles the dice turned on me.  *sigh*

And you're stuck with Beth and I in the whole "Indy Singularity"
realm of life. ;-) Welcome! You're not alone.

Mk

Prev: Re: more Graser observations Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3