Prev: re: more Graser observations Next: Re: more Graser observations

My Graser beam observations

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:50:59 EST
Subject: My Graser beam observations

Well,

Last night I played 6 test game with Grasers 1 3 arc replacing B2s on a
Markgraf vrs a stock Maximillan design.

The loss of that 6" range was noticed, but wasn't enough when the
Markgraf
pulled within  18".  The ability to dish out d6 damage hits (averaging
3.75
points per hit)  from 4 and 5 and the 2 cascading 6 rolls  in 2 seperate
games (1
for 16 and second for 29 points).

In none of the 6 games did the Markgraf get away without damage,
sometime
serious damage, but none of the games did the Maximillan win, it did
come close
in 2 by trying to keep range open, but in 1 a badly planned move, ended
that
contest and in the other a B3 hit to cause a Threshold Knock his thrust
in half
allowing the Markgraf to run him down.

Dice overall averaged out both in to hit chances and damage.

I think the Graser 1 may need to be upped 1 Mass per Graser 1, 1arc at 3

Mass, 3 arc at 4, and 6 arc at 6 mass or keep same wgt but drop back to
12mu
ranges.  But the damage that these give out is where I see the problem.

Tactic I found for dealling with these is to try to keep range, while on
the
outside of these, these seem to have a sweet spot at 13-18.  Where they
will
out gun 3 B1, and a B1 & B2 Combo.

Have a Good One,

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: re: more Graser observations Next: Re: more Graser observations