Prev: "WHAT THE -?" Next: Re: Graser beam observations

RE: [LST] Attack Vector: Tactical RE: Stealth and Fighters

From: <s666@f...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:16:56 -0700 (MST)
Subject: RE: [LST] Attack Vector: Tactical RE: Stealth and Fighters

>     As such, stealth still exists in the AV universe (and could still
> exist in FT), but it changes form. Instead of trying to conceal the
> existence of your ship, you can try to make it look like something
> harmless. I don't specifically recall any of the Ten Worlds powers
> designing a warship class with the same (rough) mass and transit drive
> characteristics of a common merchant ship, but it's something that
could
> be an interesting choice.

In another discussion on the 10 Worlds list, a warship drive has orders
of
magnitude better performance than a freighter's. Freighters don't shoot
at
warships unless they are suicidally depressed. Noone would build a
warship
with a freighter drive because it may look harmless, but would end up
being totally useless.

Sean Dzafovic

Prev: "WHAT THE -?" Next: Re: Graser beam observations