Prev: Re: Graser beam observations Next: Re: Graser beam observations

RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 07:08:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [FT] seeking Salvo Missile advice

--- Beth.Fulton@cscsirouaurote:
> G'G'day
>
> > PS: Beth, from your question, I get the impression that you set up
> > with opposing ships facing each other starting from opposite table
> > edges.  This would probably give dramatically differing results
> > from what we got since we use converging-course engagements rather
> > than reciprocal-course or intercepting-course engagements.
>
> We usually set up on opposite table edges if playing 1-on-1, but
> its not so clean in mumultiplayerames, where people can start all
> over the place. Under vector and the simple "vector missile" version
> of add firing ship vector you can still see "fire from range and
> break off" even when going in the same direction (e.g. chasing an
> opponent), though it is most exextrememhen in a "start from opposite
> sides" game. We'll have to try and give your stuff a go in the near
> future though to see how it goes in vector.

Keep in mind that the formulas are for Cinematic Movement, where Facing
and Direction of Travel are always the same.  In Vector you should
apply them based on the Direction of Travel, not the ship's Facing.  So
a ship coasting on course 12 with a facing of 9 would count fire from
its F launchers as either FPFPr AP for computing missile movement.

Prev: Re: Graser beam observations Next: Re: Graser beam observations