Prev: Re: Concept: mass and mass Next: Re: Concept: mass and mass

Re: Concept: mass and mass

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:40:15 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Concept: mass and mass

--- Doug Evans <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:
> Just a bit or two of idle curiosity:
> Are these Geo-Hex manufactured?
-------
Most of the ships were Geo-hex, the UNSC
were mostly from GZG, as were the ORC, FCT.
The OUDF ships are from Oz.
(I didn't post the complete list because I
wanted to 'sample the waters' before I sent out
all that I had done.

> Did you prep them?
> Paint? Measure more than
> a single fig, and average?
-------
I did not have bare metal for all ships.
The UNSC, ORC, OUDF, FCT, NI, and Japanese
were unpainted and unprimed.   Most of the
others were painted and many were based,
ship value was calculated from an average
base weight subtracted from the measured
value.

>What did you use to fill voids?
-------
I didn't, the only major problem was the NSL SDN
which is 188g (assembled) and 220g (estimated)
when the hollows are filled.

> Course, even bad flash prolly won't show if your
> scale is having trouble
> with the smaller ships.
-------
Flash was not a problem.

The Sa'Vasku have VERY small ships by weight,
(Light mothership and smaller), using mass to
determine the payload will limit the Sa'Vasku
in combat.
Mass: CVL, 22; CH, 10; CE, 6; CL, 4; FF, 1.5;
SS-battle, .5. (All ships painted and based)

The Phalons will have rather heavy ships and
may become even more of a problem.
Mass: CVL, 96 (Estimated 106 with void filled);
BB, 58; BC, 48; CE, 22; CL, 19; DD, 13.
(Only CL and DD were painted and based)

Japanese Mass: CVA, 164; SDN, 164; BDN,132;
BB, 52; BC, 50; CH, 30; CE, 16; CL, 14;
DD, 7; FF, 4; CC, 1.5. (all are unassembled)

ORC Mass: BDN, 56; CH (Long), 22; CH (Medium), 27;
CH (short), 23; CL, 11; DD, 9; FF, 3.
(All are bare metal, unassembled.)

OUDF Mass: CVL, 60; CH, 42; CL, 24; DD, 15; FF, 7.

NI Mass: BB, 44; CE, 14; DD, 7.5.

FCT Mass: DD, 11.

Bye for now,
John L.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Concept: mass and mass Next: Re: Concept: mass and mass