Prev: Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Rant Warning below

Re: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:36:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3

--- agoodall@att.net wrote:
> The problem is that the "space navy" concept has been around since...
> well, a long time. 1950s for certain, I'm almost certain it was in
> play in the 1940s, and probably goes back further than that. It
> hasn't much changed, either. I haven't read any of the Honor
> Harrington stuff (for the most part they came out after my
> disasterous trip to World Con in '94, which turned me off most
> literary sci-fi)

HH is best described as "Horatio Hornblower in space" :)

> I personally wish you could
> play larger battles with it, but I'm not sure it's practical given
> the size of the ships (I'd like to see FT fleets in a scale similar
> to Hallmark's 1/6000 scale ships, with a game system to support it!).

Since we have started playing about half of our games at 1 MU = 0.5"
rather than 1", we have switched to using AoG Fleet Action scale ships,
both for B5 and the Turning Point ones for our own designs.  Perhaps
GZG might consider a range of smaller "Fleet Action Scale" ships, the
FT equivalent of having both a 15mm and 25mm line for SG, especially if
future FT releases are going to trend towards the 0.5" or 1 cm scales.

Prev: Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Rant Warning below