Prev: Fighters, shields and other miscellaneous thoughts Next: STARHAVEN

Re: My thoughts on Fighters

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 21:36:20 +0000
Subject: Re: My thoughts on Fighters

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:13:54PM -0500, DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:
>An Idea I have played is to allow Fighters normal attacks against
Escort and
>Merchant Ships, per 1 Screen for Cruiser, and per 2 Screens for Captial
Ship.

Apart from other objections, this restores the hard size categories of
the FT2 design system, which led to all sorts of breakpoint problems.

>Now all of this might have been fixed in New Playtest rules, as I've
not
>gotten to read them thur yet.

PDSes don't do any more damage, but a fighter group can be fired on a
lot before it gets to PDS range...

Prev: Fighters, shields and other miscellaneous thoughts Next: STARHAVEN