Prev: Re: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Rant Warning below

Re: Genericity of grasers (was Re: UNSC beta and FB3)

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 07:21:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Genericity of grasers (was Re: UNSC beta and FB3)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>
> But I think Jared's point is that even "laser" is a lot more specific
> than "beam battery", and I think it's a fair one. I play Full Thrust
> mostly in the GZG universe, but not everyone wants to do that...

Personally, I think this one is real easy, since we're only talking
nomenclature and/or PSB, which you can choose however you want. A
Graser is essentially a Torp-Beam in teh most generic "name it after
the game mechanic" sense- hits like a beam, damages like a torp. But
Torp-Beam doesn't have a nice ring to it. If you change universes, you
change names to fit the PSB and effects to match. If you're dying for a
more generic name for Grasers, propose one. FT is pitched as a generic
game, but it is _also_ a genre game of its own. As long as the
mechanics are generic, the names don't have to be.

I, Brazen Gnome   (Noam Izenberg)

Prev: Re: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Rant Warning below