Prev: [SG2] Points Next: RE: [SG] Phalon beta

RE: [SG2] Points

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:43:30 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2] Points

You also need to consider the other side of the equation; how many hits
can
it absorb before destruction?
If you only have a squad of two, even a single casualty is a major
problem.
It's more likely to take 2 or 3 casualties (FP 1d8+1d8 SAW + QD d8 =
average
13-14) at either d6 or d8 range.  50% chance of killing half your squad
outright (less armor:impact chance) or losing both at once.  With a
larger
squad, as the battle shifts around (and you re-organise squads and shift
casualties to medevacs) you still have a viable unit.

Suppressions can be removed given enough time, but death is permanent
(hence
why I have about 20 body bag figures...)

If you use 2 man squads, it makes little difference whether you use FP2
assault rifles or FP0.5 Lee Enfields; the minimum for squad fire is a d4
(in
fact the Lee Enfields would be better, as you get a higher impact die)

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Australian Government policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.

Prev: [SG2] Points Next: RE: [SG] Phalon beta