Prev: Re: European Religioins was: California/Texas secession Next: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:52:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

> The main complaints are that we would like a treatment where there can
> be (minimum options): a large, multi-group, variable-size (# of
groups)
> "hanger area" in the interior of the ship treated as a protected
system
> and an exposed "launch and recovery area" of variable size.

Two parts to this -- variable size and protected system.

For variable size, you could try Fighter Bay = 3 Mass + 1 Mass per
fighter.  The base 3 mass could be construed as separate tracking and
control facilities, combat air traffic controllers, etc.  This is
totally un-playtested, but at least it would discourage
1-fighter-per-group cheese.

Not sure what the "protected system" is worth.	Normally I'd guess it's
worth about 25% of the points cost, but that's not necessarily
applicable for fighters--ie if 50% of my fighters die, how much is it
worth to have rearm/refuel cpacity for 100% of them instead of, say, 86%

after a threshold?

And you should also have some kind of discount to reflect the chance
that your landing/launching tube works but your hangers are dead, or
vice versa.

Prev: Re: European Religioins was: California/Texas secession Next: Rant Warning below Re: UNSC beta and FB3