Prev: Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: European Religioins was: California/Texas secession

Genericity of grasers (was Re: UNSC beta and FB3)

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:03:11 +0000
Subject: Genericity of grasers (was Re: UNSC beta and FB3)

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 09:52:00PM +0000, agoodall@att.net wrote:

>This is an industry site, not a sci-fi site. It sounds as though
"graser" is as generic a term as "laser".

It is.

The only setting I'm aware of which has non-bomb-pumped grasers is Honor
Harrington.

But I think Jared's point is that even "laser" is a lot more specific
than "beam battery", and I think it's a fair one. I play Full Thrust
mostly in the GZG universe, but not everyone wants to do that...

One could level a similar claim at anti-matter torpedoes; who's to say
that the _standard_ missiles don't use anti-matter, in the universe
someone's trying to emulate with Full Thrust?

Roger

Prev: Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: European Religioins was: California/Texas secession