Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: California/Texas secession

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:23:51 +0000
Subject: Re: California/Texas secession

Glenn wrote:

> And the religious majority of FCT?  Let's hear some ideas!

I'd imagine that the majority would be Catholic if the influx of
Hispanic people continues, and that's one of the things that brings
Texas and California together.

Texas would have a substantial evangelical protestant minority, mostly
from the southern segment of the Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian
churches. I'm not sure how this would jive with Southern California
culture. Perhaps the formation of the FCT occurs during one of the
periods in U.S. history when there is more emphasis in maintaining a
division between Church and State.

Of course, if you want to have some real fun, give the FCT a state
religion based on some weird amalgam of evangelical christianity and
Scientology. When the KV, SV, and Phalons are finally discovered, the
religion can either jump up and try to embrace them, or say, "See, I
told you so!"

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers