Prev: California/Texas secession Next: OT: May I have your vote?

Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 08:28:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

Let me assure all, that, as a long time fan of foreign films, I'm aware
of
the child-like quality most of the world observes in us. The_Beast comes
from my love of Jean Cocteau, for instance.

From: "Michael Llaneza" <maserati@earthlink.net>

> Remember, the Puritans have been over here for a very long time -
their
> attitude is well entrenched in American culture.

No one understands this like an old hippy. ;->=

Course, we understand SOME of the reasons this is not entirely bad.
That's
the part that's old...

On the other, other hand, my 83-yr old mother could care less.

Karl schrieb:

>Tabloids still
>would have their feeding frenzy, of course.

And isn't it comforting, that with all our differences, we share this
common experience. ;->=

Warbeads:

>Sometimes I think 'serious Media' = 'tabloids" here in USA.  Ever since
>the news became entertainment oriented.

And I get tired of the lead story locally being what's happening with
the
'football' coach. Still, no matter how far regular news lowers the bar,
our
tabloids will find new gutters to explore!

I suppose, we should cut this thread, though perhaps the last word
should
be given to the closest thing we have to a media rep. Ryan, if you wish,
the stage is yours.

The_Beast

Prev: California/Texas secession Next: OT: May I have your vote?