Prev: FTJava website updates Next: Thanks for answers....

Re: Meson Artillery

From: Symon Cook <Symon@e...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:53:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Meson Artillery

In article <NHBBIDCHMLLCHKKJHGEFAEPKDBAA.siefertma@wi.rr.com>, Mark A.
Siefert <siefertma@wi.rr.com> writes
>I'm playing around with some Traveller conversions for DSII, and
working on
>artillery rules for meson guns.

This is what I have. It may be nastier than you are looking for.

Meson Artillery

First available at TL 5, Meson Artillery is available in Medium, Heavy
and Superheavy configurations and requires space equal to three times
its Class. Meson Artillery is used as more conventional Artillery with
notable exceptions. Firstly, meson Artillery takes effect in the turn it
is called, there is no delay. Secondly, it receives an advantage in both
defeating CBR and performing Counter-battery Fire. Thirdly, Meson
Artillery has no munition options nor does it require Ammunition Chits.
Finally, Meson Artillery can be used as Ortillery and still lands
without delay. Meson Artillery is generally fired in an open Sheaf as
everything within the beaten zone is destroyed in a manner similar to
the inner zone of a nuclear strike.

Type		TL	Size	Cost	Sheaf Diameter
Medium		5	12	500	1"
Heavy		6	18	750	2"
Superheavy	7	24	1000	3"

Cheers
--
Symon Cook (founder member of Camros)(The Campaign for Real Operating
Systems).

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Prev: FTJava website updates Next: Thanks for answers....