Prev: Re: GZG-ECC 7 Gallery Pics Next: FTJava website updates

RE: Meson Artillery

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:25:45 -0000
Subject: RE: Meson Artillery

Surely just land a ship equipped with such a screen and you've got
a defended area?

I wouldn't bother working out ways to deal with these dinky tactical
guns; your real problems start when you have to take a port defended
by a deep meson battery or two. Even special forces can't be sure of
gaining access / identifying all the relevant observation sites. The
only solution* is to infiltrate a spy (or carpet-bomb the planet).

There doesn't have to be an answer. Don't forget Striker's advice
to forces on an airless world facing an orbital PA.

* Unless of course you happen to be a Traveller ET, in which case:

Zhodani: "Now concerning your latent psionic ability, battery-
	 commander. Have you considered training?"

Vargr:	 Swarm the port with commandoes to sniff out every air vent.

K'kree:  Carpet-bomb the planet anyway on the grounds that omnivores
	 live on it.

Droyne:  "We left ours at the planetary core. The asteroid belt two
	 jumps away was the result of target practice".

Aslan:	 Attack someone else until this part of the Imperium has
	 fallen into disorder, then come back when the power is off.

Hiver:	 "What makes you think the battery is under human control?"

Nathan "where's that Striker conversion table gone to?" Girdler

Prev: Re: GZG-ECC 7 Gallery Pics Next: FTJava website updates