Prev: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

Re: this is a first...

From: Katie Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 18:41:31 +0000
Subject: Re: this is a first...

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:18:23AM +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:55:42AM -0500, Donald Hosford wrote:
> >I often wonder why they don't just do away with the entire "region
code
> >system" entirely.
>
> Because films are still distributed on celluloid, which is expensive
> enough that they generally can't afford enough prints for a
simultaneous
> world-wide release. And no cinema chain wants to show a film that's
> already available to buy, even if you do have to order from overseas
> get it.

Erm. That's not the case these days.

We get UK production prints. Mostly because by the time they've been
run 24x7 in a multiplex for a few weeks prints are **trashed**, so the
US prints are binned at the end of their run.

Prev: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board