Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: RE: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?

Re: grasers overpowered

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 02:45:43 -0500
Subject: Re: grasers overpowered

>> I'll know for sure when I tell Steve "Mr. Mixed-Tech WW2
>> uber battlewagons" about them and see if he changes his
>> entire fleet over to use them.
>
> More importantly, see if he sticks to it after a few battles :-)
> Frankly, if he didn't switch to Pulsers when FB2 was
> published I don't think he'll use Grasers exclusively either.

Oh he did.  Generally he has one pulser per gun, set
to long range.	He then has 2-3 short range pulsers and 2-3
class-2 beams and/or class-1 beams representing the
smaller caliber weapons.  He also has some class-1 K-guns.
All with MD 2 (advanced) drives; his battlecruisers are
his only ships with MD 4 and they have a poor record.

But it's his *&^%#&!(& die rolls that kill me.	When, and
this is seldom, he actually rolls average he says "so this
is what everyone else gets for results, I don't like it"
(I'm paraphrasing).  I'd hate for him to roll his usual
results with grasers.

He'll probably be visiting soon when spring break hits
(he's a high school math teacher and his parents live
in the area).  When he comes to visit we play about
3-4 times in the week, then not play for months.

I wanted to play FT tonight (Friday), but instead it was
Settlers of Catan (3 times) and Union Pacific (once),
although I ended up playing the Warlord CCG all
evening (we had a full board gaming group tonight).
I prefer Warlord over the other two, SoC just
bores me.

Glen

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: RE: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?