Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish plea? Next: [OT] Fleets-SG1 Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?

RE: Fighters and Hangers

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:49:03 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: Fighters and Hangers

--- "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> Jared,
> Are you using the FT/FB fighter rules or the FB1&2 fighter rules?

As far as I can tell, the FB changes to fighters only affected
movement/endurance and added rules for screening capital ships (adopted
from EFSB) and intercepting missiles (to go with the new SM systems).
The rules for fighter attacks, both against ships and against other
fighters (both long range and dogfights) were unchanged except for the
addition of rerolls and the allowance for split fire in dogfights.

With that understanding, we use either the standard combat rules as per
FT2+FB or the ones I posted for large ship / small fighter settings.
Sometimes we use Endurance, sometimes not.  This depends on both the
setting and whether we want a quicker or slower game.  We do not use
the optional fighter morale rules.

For movement, we use neither system, instead preferring a system found
on the web in the late 1990's involving fighters having an accel/decel
characteristic rather than a maximum move distance.

Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish plea? Next: [OT] Fleets-SG1 Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?