Prev: graser: the uber weapon Next: Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?

RE: graser: the uber weapon

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:06:21 -0000
Subject: RE: graser: the uber weapon

After using a 10,000 point fleet armed with grasers I will agree that
they
are powerful, but no more so than the equivilent mass of K-guns, and
don't
forget K-guns go through armour and screens. A ship with level 2 screens
does not have to much to worry about from graser fire, unless the dice
all
come up 6's, in which case it would be in trouble anyway.

When comparing Grasers with pulse torps, torps have not only the range
advantage, they can penetrate screens, and they are much more accurrate
at
ranges up to 12 mu. And they are cheaper.

I would assume that class 1 grasers cannot be used in a PD role. They
might
be "class 1" weapons but even a class 1 graser is still a heavy
anti-shipping weapon, and takes up as much mass as a 6 arc B-2, and
those
can't be used in PD roles. Thats my take anyway.

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: graser: the uber weapon Next: Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?