Prev: Re: DS II Question Next: The ECC VII Quote Board

Re: DS II Question

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 05:15:42 -0600
Subject: Re: DS II Question

My take in light of the rule for unit integrity (Page 23) - as an aside,
see the implications of the 'Note" in brackets for infantry.  For
"Damaged vehicles" the lack of precision in the statement - it
specifically states "..destroyed or disabled (immobilized)..." units can
be left behind but by implication Damaged vehicles slow down the unit??
-
is the following possibilities.

If already damaged and then damaged again:

1) Possible House Rule: it's "double damaged" - immobilized and
ineffective in Most cases (already it's down to quarter movement and a
[one band plus a second band drop] penalty for fire combat which means
that even an MDC/5 has a maximum effective range of 36 inches with dice
shifts of Superior FCS/D8, Enhanced FCS/D6 and Basic FCS/D4.  Has some
negative potential for most weapons although HELs either never lose
range
OR lose all fire capability (my read.)

2) The Second damage does nothing (no effect.)	I don't like this.  It
has taken significant damage from a hit.

3) It's knocked out.  My simplicity decision.  Makes for those ARVs
scenarios being viable in a linked scenarios game or campaign.

4) It has a fifty percent chance of adding either "Mobility" hit or
[unrecoverable, for more simplicity?] "Weapons Down - Firer" results
(and
next time the remaining choice meaning it's knocked out since it has no
fire or movement capability.)  Adds complexity to some degree.

I can't see units spending 1or more  turns waiting for a damaged or
"Double Damaged" vehicle to join up ("DISORGANIZED"  page 23 under "UNIT
INTEGRITY") so I went for #3.

 At one extreme end they become essentially ineffective.  A
RFAC/1Superior FCS armed APC damaged already has a long range of 12"
with
D8 and Medium range of 8" with D10.  And a  DFFG/1 with Basic FCS has a
long range 8" inches with no chance of hitting (unless you arbitrate a
D3
or D2) and a Medium range of 4" with A D4.

Gracias, Glenn

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 05:54:04 -0500 Dances With Rocks <kochte@stsci.edu>
writes:
>"Mark A. Siefert" wrote:
>>
>> Hey all:
>>
>> I'm re-reading my DS II rules (I have a lead on some players in my
>area) and
>> I had a question about damage.  What happens if a vehicle takes a
>second
>> "Damaged" result?  Is it KO-ed, are the stats halved again, or
>nothing?  I
>> couldn't find anything in the rules to confirm this.
>
>I've been playing it additional DMG is basically 'no effect'. During
>the DSII games at ECC it seemed to be the way most experienced players
>had also been interpretting it.
>
>Mk

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: DS II Question Next: The ECC VII Quote Board