Prev: Re: SGII And Points Next: Re: SGII And Points

Re: SGII And Points

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:24:30 -0600
Subject: Re: SGII And Points

>Of course we'll still be waiting for BDS even then...

Ah, the seeds of evil sown bear fruit...

> You really should have been there when I participated in a re-creation
of
> Waterloo using NetEpic and all those glorious little epic figures.
> (Wellington was an Eldar and Blucher an ork....... go figure).

Sounds a bit like Flintloque roulette; they had Brit orcs and I think
the
Germans were dogs(?). Very cinematic view of history, of course, as
everything was visions of Sharpe and Chauvelin and the like. I always
wanted to do the Peck Hornblower's escape from the French.

A friend Outrider did a scenerio he called Ork-inawa. Palm trees and
landing boats. I don't think much of the history came into the game, but
it
had a nice feel and look.

>In all fairness, I know a lot of GW players who are neither munchkins
or
>powergamers.

I've certainly mentioned them. The fellow who'd said how much he'd
enjoyed
the game he'd just got pasted in, was playing 40K. The fellows who wax
lyric of the old days of Rouge Trader seem perfectly cogniscent of the
problems already mentioned. It's the feel of a new game, and the joy of
the
play, they recall lovingly.

***
Never found a figure I would buy at retail from them, never found a set
of rules they produced that didn't make like limburger gone bad, and
never much cared for their 'Play our Rules OUR way ONLY' attitude.  And
that _is_ my balanced, rational opinion.  You should see my tirade mode.
Or maybe not, it's not even a little less then rabid...
***

I have, a few; I'm still trying to figure how to take Dark Eldar craft
make Martian VSF air kites, and most folks admire the Tau vehicles. And,
got a kick out of Man o War, in the main, and some of the box/board
games
have devoted fans on this list.

Still, the best part of GW stuff in a rabidly loyal GW community if is
you
don't care to paint. With folks dropping painted armies ridiculously low
priced to pick up the flavor of the month, you can do quite well.
Course,
eBay has kinda killed this.

Does anyone know where the little story of an Stargrunt squad ambushing
Space Marine apes might be? That was certainly priceless!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: SGII And Points Next: Re: SGII And Points