Prev: Re: [FT] orbital/space station photo Next: Re: [FT] orbital/space station photo

Re: Fighters and Hangers

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:46:32 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighters and Hangers

At 10:47 PM +0000 2/26/04, Roger Burton West wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 05:28:38PM -0500, Ryan Gill wrote:
>
>>Mind you, I'm more inclined to want to see Ordies and Spotters
>>anchoring the bird to a platform that folds out of the deck/bulkhead
>>and the bird is anchored to it with cables and tractor beams by the
>>spotters in pressure suits.
>
>This works for me - particularly since (although the rules don't model
>this) they're likely to be coming in damaged, and those anchoring hooks
>the automated system ties on to may simply not be there any more...

They could be there but are just a few inches to the left and
back...meaning it won't mate right. I deal with this all the time on
Computer rack parts. You'd be amazed at how standards for something
as simple as an IEC rack spec can vary. Even from the same
manufacturer.

Look at container handling. They could do it all by computer (look at
a Tape loader) but so far it's just better to have a person running
the crane that lifts from the top corners, lower corners or the
middle at the key points.
-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: [FT] orbital/space station photo Next: Re: [FT] orbital/space station photo