Prev: RE: [OT] English As She is Spoke Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: Jon T in the States

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:07:02 +0000
Subject: Re: Jon T in the States

Roger wrote:

> We never use kilometres. Our government sometimes tries it, and fails.
> What you saw was almost certainly a map produced for foreigners.

No, it was a speed sign just outside of Urquhart Castle near
Drumnadrochit, Scotland. There was also a sign, the text of which I
can't remember, beside it in several different European languages.

The weird part was that I didn't remember seeing any other signs in
kilometres on the way, so why bother doing it there?

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: RE: [OT] English As She is Spoke Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers