Prev: Re: Jon T in the States Next: RE: [OT] Starship Troopers supplies - American source for cheap Bugs (spiders)

Re: Jon T in the States

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:11:56 +0000
Subject: Re: Jon T in the States

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 04:03:32PM +0000, agoodall@att.net wrote:

>When I was over in Britain in '92 I noticed that they were pretty
schizophrenic about distances. Most of the time distances were in miles,
with kilometres used only near tourist attractions.

We never use kilometres. Our government sometimes tries it, and fails.
What you saw was almost certainly a map produced for foreigners.

>Gosh, we're pretty much exactly the same distance from Lancaster! Now
that's weird... (Yahoo Maps says I'm 1183 miles away.)

3586 from me.

Prev: Re: Jon T in the States Next: RE: [OT] Starship Troopers supplies - American source for cheap Bugs (spiders)