Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:22:22 +0100
Subject: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite

Glen Bailey wrote:

>Why is the Initiative roll in step 3 instead of step 2 in the Turn
Sequence?

Because FT Lite doesn't include either fighters or missiles, which means

that you don't need to determine the initiative until you start
shooting.

>I think it should mention that a fractional part of an inch of a range
>should be rounded up. Example: 12.3" is rounded to 13".

Fractional mu of ranges are not rounded. 12.3mu is "more than 12mu
away";
11.9mu is not.

>Movement: you use Speed and Velocity, you should probably stick to one
>term, prefereably Speed.  We know what they mean and are the same, but
>we're not "newbies".

"Speed" and "Velocity" do *not* mean the same thing. As far as I can see
FT
Lite uses both terms correctly.

***
Allan Goodall wrote:

>For the record, I thought the official answer was that you don't round.
If
>you're going at a speed of 9 mu, you move 4.5 mu in the first half of
the
>movement, and 4.5 mu in the second half of the movement.

This is indeed the official answer.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: Laserlight's FT Lite