Prev: Re: [FT] FT Java Next: Re: [FT] FT Java

RE: UN ship Crew Factors discrepency

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:32:15 -0600
Subject: RE: UN ship Crew Factors discrepency

Matt Tope wrote:
>  I've noticed a (possible) descrepency with the place ment of
> Crew Factor *
> on some of the UN ship damage rows. They don't seem to be placed as
evenly
> as the ship consruction rules suggest they should.

Sharp eyes Matt.  Yes, the crew units on the UNSC ship SSDs don't quite
follow the *current* rules.  Variable strength hulls can cause problems
with
how crew units are placed in the hull boxes.  Weak hulls especially
cause
problems and can result in a cluster of crew units in the last row of
the
hull.

Thus the playtesters have been looking at some alternative ways of
distributing crew units throughout the hull boxes.  The UNSC ships used
one
of the possible solutions.

> Sorry to nit pick, I feel like I'm complaining after recieving a
lovelly
> unexpected gift.

No problem.  I was wondering if anyone would really dissect the designs
after the initial shock.  Feedback, good and bad, is what we want from
these
Beta Test versions.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [FT] FT Java Next: Re: [FT] FT Java