Prev: Re: UN ships online eh? Next: Re: UN ships online eh?

Re: UN ships online eh?

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:36:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: Re: UN ships online eh?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:23:00 -0500 FlakMagnet72
<flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com> wrote:

>>> Another thing that isn't spelled out: Are the AMTs one-shot weapons?

> I felt that the wording of the rules left room for argument, so I
brought it up. If I'd been asked by one of my group's players if they
were one-shots I'd have said "yes", but I'd rather head off the need.
It seems obvious, unless you _want_ to get multiple shots out of it... <

I initially took it to mean one icon = one shot, but wondered about
that when this discussion began. From an operational POV, I have to
wonder why the UNSC would put weapons like that on ships like the Sol
class, types which are intended for extended cruises. I can see them
using such weapons in ships which, say, cruise around Core World space,
but on their long-range stuff? Hope they have really, really good
supply lines...

All of which makes me think that maybe an AMT _isn't_ a one-shot
weapon, in which case it is seriously mean, and probably underpriced.

Phil
----
"We gotta get out into Space / If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet
A sentiment echoed by Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

This email has been independently scanned for viruses and any virus
detected has been removed using McAfee anti-virus software

Prev: Re: UN ships online eh? Next: Re: UN ships online eh?