Prev: RE: GZG Website Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

[OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:09:51 -0000
Subject: [OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

Eric Fialkowski wrote

>Hate to add to the OT'ness but GW claimed that the "northerly transit
of
>ships" caused the binding glue to get "too cold" and start falling
>apart.  I have a copy of WH:Siege that I'm afraid to open anymore.

Well I'm afraid they lied to you on that one mate, I happen to live 2
miles
from one of the factories where the old RT was printed. My copy fell to
bits
but fortunatley a friend of mine's dad worked in side factory and
sneaked me
out a replacement free of charge, and a copy which to this day has not
felt
inclinded to disassemble itself! Thing was I always thought it was just
me
who had a dodgy copy, but to think they knowingly shipped in bulk such
copies to you guys across the pond, well that just pisses me off ever so
slightly. On behalf of Britian I appologise for such behaviour by the
dark
ones in Nottingham.

Doug wrote:

> if I may be forgiven for using such profound
>research material as 'The Madness of King George',

Thats alright, that is about the extent of my research as well ;-),

>it appears he considered
>it shame throughout the rest of his reign. It was some time before most
>people stopped thinking of themselves as Englishmen betrayed, and there
>were those resources...

Well, the ones in charge were upset, but half of parliament supported
the
colonist right for representation in Westminster, (and plenty of Brits
were
willing to desert/emigrate asap to America) strange to think that if
Pitt
the Elder had been PM rather than a memeber of the opposition then
chances
are that the signatories of the Constitution may instead have been the
first
American MP's, and revolution averted...but on the other hand you kicked
our
butts but then gave us Buffy so a fair deal in the long run! And as for
the
resources...INDIA! AFRICA! AUSTRALIA! One can never have to many
venomous
critters in ones dominion.

Glenn wrote:

>An real world example:
>The UK tangled with Argentina in my lifetime; we "came up" as it were,
>offered some 'advice' and 'technical support'

One of my favourite instances being along the lines of;

"Hey, limey, them dinky harrier things of yours use sidewinders don't
they?"

"Why yes, they do as a matter of fact. Why do you ask."

"I am not pointing out that storage bunker over there, and I am not
telling
you that inside you will find the latest all aspect version of the said
missile. In fact, I never even spoken to you. Understood?"

"Errr...please lean back sir, you have you ciger in my
eye...thankyou...yes
fully understood ol' chap, thank awfully!"

20+ to 0 air to air kills later...it's great having a little brother who
is
now bigger than us, and willing to share his toys!

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: RE: GZG Website Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers