Prev: Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: RE: GZG Website

Re: simple rules for non-gamers

From: Dances With Rocks <kochte@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:55:42 -0500
Subject: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

agoodall@att.net wrote:

> > It was PanzerBlitz that got me into gaming historical stuff (and
then on to
> > SciFi...).
>
> I guess a lot of us fall into this realm. My first wargame was _Panzer
Leader_, the same system (pretty much) in the Western theatre. I
eventually picked up a used version of Panzerblitz.

My first wargame was the old Metagaming pocket game, Chitin:I. I had
ordered OGRE, but Metagaming sent me the wrong item. Instead of getting
all buggery and sending it back (being all of, what, maybe 13?), I opted
to just check it out. I liked it, and re-ordered OGRE (and Melee), and
go what I wanted the second time around. I decided I liked gaming so
much
at that point I saved my precious $$ up to buy Arnhem: A Bridge Too Far
and Basic D&D. The rest, as they say, is history...

> *sigh* I wish there was someone local I could play with. I need a
minis fix, bad.

Wish you could make it out to Lancaster, PA, in a couple weeks. :-/

Mk

Prev: Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: RE: GZG Website