Prev: Scales (was Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?) Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

RE: simple rules for non-gamers

From: damosan@c...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:48:28 +0000
Subject: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

> My first miniatures games were with unpainted Airfix plastic HO models
using
> a variant of the rules found in Grant or Featherstone.

The first miniatures game I played was some homebrewed thing a friend
and I came up with using d6s and about a million of those plastic toy
soldiers.

Roll a 6 to hit and kill someone with a rifle or pistol.  5 or 6 to hit
and kill someone with an MG.

Close combat was determined by high roll.

Easy fast and mostly painless.

After that we got into Rogue Trader.  Wasn't as fast but still mostly
painless.  ;)

--
Damo

Prev: Scales (was Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?) Next: RE: simple rules for non-gamers