Prev: Re: acronym help,please..... Next: Re: acronym help,please.....

Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:08:09 +1100
Subject: Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

From: <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au>

> G'day Glen,
>
> > Almost makes me want ot go see it for ther first time...  but
> > I'll need more then one positive review  before I would spend the
> > money.  Maybe I will have to get a (cheap) rental version of it.
>
> I've never read the book so no high expectations, it was a decent
B-grade light relief film. Don't go in with high expectations,
appreciate "cool" bugs when you see them and gung-ho boys own action and
you won't be disappointed ;)

Just forget the book exists. Put it out of your mind.

SST (the Movie) taken on it's own, is a good tongue-in-cheek
poke at Fascist Space Opera. Had the director used the same technique
on Doc Smith's "Lensman" series, it could have been not just a good,
but a great movie. But as is, taken on it's own, it's quite good.

As a movie derived from the book SST, it's an abomination, and an
insult,
and the least said about that the better.

Prev: Re: acronym help,please..... Next: Re: acronym help,please.....