Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: Re: FT losing market share?

Re: FT losing market share?

From: "Patrick Connaughton" <ptconn@e...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:13:19 -0600
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

I concur!
The only real problem that I (and our local gaming group) seem to have
in
getting more folks hooked on FT is not so much the lack of rulesets
(I've
got three myself). It's the perceived lack of available ships in stores.
Yes, before the winds of derision hit me, I'd like to comment that there
are
lot's of great sites online to purchase ships but it's a little tough
trying
to hook someone on my and others, favorite space combat game when if
they
ask you where you got those great [brigade,GZG, etc] ships and you tell
them
that they can get them online. Not in insurmountable response but one
that
cannot be ignored. Also, in this day and age, if store owners can't at
least
sell them with some small markup then their less likely to encourage
folk to
use up table space during game days/times as opposed to a game that they
can
sell.

One personal solution, that I've followed is to build a couple of "throw
away" task forces of ships that don't fit my collection, are excess or
just
stuff that I've picked up and then offer them at cost to new players
just to
encourage them to play. Nothing spurs on a new FT'er like having his own
ships

Please comment as needed (God help me!)

Pat Connaughton
St. Louis, MO

PS - I'm a big fan of both Brigade and GZG ships myself