Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: Future of Full Thrust WAS Re: [FT] Even more NAC ships

Re: FT losing market share?

From: "ERIC T. FIALKOWSKI" <ericski@s...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:23:31 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

> Ah, fair enough. So it's really a matter of people going to their
local
> game stores and saying "there's this really great game and miniatures
> line you could stock, you have to do business with a guy in England
but
> DON'T PANIC because he's easier to deal with than the distributor you
> use for everything else"...
>
> Roger

I have done this.  There are a couple of us that have gone down and
played
in the store and pointed out that the owner could order direct.  Having
been burned before he's a little gun-shy plus his answer is along the
lines of "Yeah it might be easier but I already am dealing with the
other
guys and they have everything else I need."

As has been pointed out, to get a game to spread like wildfire you need
get it into the stores so people can look at the cool minis and flip
through the rulebook.  I used to sell more games by letting people look
through my copy of the rules and telling them how good it was.	Seeing
the
game played can actually help, too.

Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: Future of Full Thrust WAS Re: [FT] Even more NAC ships