Prev: RE: (FT) small vs large ships; OT: Dr. Who Next: Re: Honor Harrington RPG (was Re: Starship Troopers)

Re: Power Projection - standalone?

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 11:14:24 +0000
Subject: Re: Power Projection - standalone?

On Sunday, Feb 8, 2004, at 20:54 Europe/London,
kevinbalentine@verizon.net wrote:

> Does Power Projection: Fleet work as a standalone game or do I
> also need to buy PP: E to have the full rules?

Power Projection: Fleet is standalone, as is Power Projection: Escort.

Escort is a subset of the full 'Fleet' rules which focuses on smaller
ships. The main differences from Fleet are

a) no campaign rules
b) no conversion rules for starships
c) no spinal mount rules
d) no gravity rules
e) the counter set (it has Paul Lesack's drawings rather than Jesse
DeGraff's CGI models) and the SSDs. Escort has 14 small ship SSDs, 2 of
which are in Fleet, the rest being unique.
f) no simplifications for massed combat (ie massed fire tables)

Escort was written as an introductory package and is 28 pages long.
It's fully playable and a game should take around 60-90 minutes with
8-10 ships.

Fleet is 70+ pages long (I haven't got it to hand as I write this) and
focusses on the campaign and big ship end. Battles usually take 2 hours
upwards, unless an opponent - sorry, victim - does something stupid
like turn broadside on to an enemies' spinal mount so they can't
retaliate...

Does that help?

Cheers,

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
      http://www.powerprojection.net/
Power Projection: "It's all about going to other people's
planets and making *them* do what *we* want."
CPO Vandenbroucke, IIN Dreadnought 'Cleon the First'.

Prev: RE: (FT) small vs large ships; OT: Dr. Who Next: Re: Honor Harrington RPG (was Re: Starship Troopers)