Prev: Re: looking for copy of an old wargame magazine Next: Re: Doc Who ??

Re: [SG2] Alternate Quick Combat Resolution (Modified Impact Versus ArmourProcedure)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 12:20:54 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] Alternate Quick Combat Resolution (Modified Impact Versus ArmourProcedure)

----- Original Message -----
From: <agoodall@att.net>

> > Dudes standing behind walls must get killed all the time.
>
> Realistically, the chance of wounding behind a wall should go way
down,
but
> the chance of being killed should go up. That's a level of complexity
that
> don't think I want to get into!

Could you explain this reasoning ?
Why should the chance of getting killed be higher ?

I suppose you do not mean that more people get killed ? E.g. you have
ten
soldiers, without a wall, 2 might get killed in a typical firefight,
behind
the cover 3 get killed	?

I assume you mean the ratio of Killed to Wounded is higher. E.g.instead
of 1
killed per 10 wounded you have 1 Killed per 3 wounded, but, due to cover
fewer get wounded  Still a bit hard to understand, but I can think of
possible reasons:
- To fight back, soldiers have to expose their heads. Head wounds are
more
likely to kill than wounds elsewhere
- Any weapon that goes through a wall is likely to kill rather than
wound
somebody behind it.

Puzzled
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: looking for copy of an old wargame magazine Next: Re: Doc Who ??