Prev: Re: [FMAS] Is this insane or what? Re: real-life FT playing Next: Re: Pictures of a few painted GZG Japanese ships.

Re: Pictures of a few painted GZG Japanese ships.

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:08:55 +0000
Subject: Re: Pictures of a few painted GZG Japanese ships.

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 03:41:03PM -0500, FlakMagnet72 wrote:

>Where I can find room on the models, I'm going to apply 1/300th scale
WWII
>"Rising Sun" flags.  I figure if Japan is going to change it's
constitution
>enough to un-renounce war as an instrument of foreign policy and thus
require
>a space-fleet, then it's also going to feel comfortable about going
back to
>the Rising Sun for it's national flag.

I agree with you, but that's one symbol that I at least would be quite
unhappy to use as it stands. Instead, I'm using rising-sun-on-black for
my IJSF ships - seems appropriate for the Teikoku Hoshi no Kaigun, and
it's just different enough that I don't find it offensive.

>Anyway, here are the seven images:
>http://geocities.com/flakmagnet72/pics/full-thrust/
>Any of the images starting with "dcp" for the filename...

I like the red and gold and white, but I'm really not sure about the
metallic blue/cyan that seems to be the base colour. I suspect it may be
getting distorted by the camera; something a little darker than that
looks would (to me) work much better...

Roger