Prev: Re: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS Next: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 14:48:22 -0700
Subject: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

Yes and no.  Current jets like the F-18 come in two slightly different
versions, one for ground attack, one for air-superiority.  ALthough an
F-18 can carry something like 14,000 lbs of ordinance, it pales in
comparison to the 50,000 lbs that a B-52 can carry over 4 times the
range.	In addition, the F-18 is limited to 2000 lbs bombs, wheras the
B-52 can carry up larger ones.

The question would then be, can anti-ship craft enter the atmosphere
with no appreciable loss in performance?

--Binhan