Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:53:40 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

G'day Ryan,

> Randy Joiner and I sat down Sunday and hashed out our ideas on 1 page
> of graph paper how a fleet action scale FT game should work....
> In a nut shell it involves a second map....
> When two (or more) groups meet, they are
> placed on the table with correct vectors and formations, then they
> fight. A group could be a single scout ship or an entire line of
> battle with support ships....

Derek and I have done something very similar in the past and its a lot
of fun. Derek developed it more as an intermediate step in some campaign
stuff he was playing with, but we have used it as is a bit. Can lead to
some fun "psyching out" of the opposition too.

"Mmmm Beth... you never show your hand early so what are you hiding off
in that back corner?"
Derek promptly breaks off most of his fleet to go kill what he's
convinced is my prize fleet, turns later he arrives...
"What a scout group? Where the heck is your main fleet"
"Right this instant? Arriving off your lightly protected base..." ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion