Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 21:34:43 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Roger B-W wrote:

> >What this discussion does bring to my mind is the ww2 USN footage
from the
> >pacififc of Japanese fighters attacking through a soild wall of AA
fire,
> >could this be reflected in someway perhaps? (Whereby all the PDS/B-1
armed
> >vessels in a fleet can contribute their pd fire to the formation as a
> >whole?).
>
>We could call it "command datalink", perhaps...

No, not at all. The main purpose of the Z2/Z2c is to coordinate fire
against enemy *ships*; in Starfire ships with good enough sensors can
fire
any weapons they like at fighters within range, and they're usually
going
to fire before the fighters can do so regardless of what type of
datalink
they use...

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion